Weather Delay & Cancellation Info
Our main priority is the safety of our students. Please keep in mind that WSCS serves students from a radius of approximately 35 miles which means it could be very nice at your house but the weather could be terrible in another part of our school area.
In the event of inclement weather, please tune into the following radio and TV stations. You can also visit the TV stations’ websites for listings of delays and cancellations.
Inclement Weather Info:
- When there is a 2 hour delay, Pre-School and Kindergarten should arrive at 10:00 a.m. and will still have the regular noon dismissal.
- If roads are hazardous in your area, please make your own decision as to whether you want to chance bringing your child to school. Students will be excused due to bad weather conditions.
- Due to dealing with multiple school districts, please note that we primarily follow Jersey Shore School District. Please watch for Walnut Street’s listing. There are times when we still have school when the other districts cancel.
- Please note that there is a time lapse in notifications on TV and radio. It takes time for the districts to notify us and for us to notify the TV and radio stations. Please be patient in waiting to see/hear the listing for WSCS.
- Do not rely on Facebook postings and comments regarding delays and cancellations. Please check the above listed TV and radio stations for the information.
- Please note: If Keystone Central cancels school due to inclement weather, there will be NO bus service for our students bused by Keystone Central. Use your best judgement in deciding whether or not you should drive the students to school.
- If bad weather is forecast to start during school hours, please tune into the above listed TV and radio stations. We will make every effort to contact all elementary parents before putting those students on the buses. We will activate the phone tree whenever possible.
- If one of the other school districts dismiss early due to inclement weather but we do not dismiss early, students riding the buses of that district will be dismissed and we will contact the parents of those students.
- In the event of flooding, we will follow all the snow-related procedures. If it is starting to flood where you live, you may come pick up your child early from school. Please notify the office ahead of time.